B-class are much more intelligent than the C-classes, and could be classified as intellectually superior to humans, only to be less intelligent than wise A-classes that have experience on their side, and the omnipotent S-classes, as such they have planning capabilities and can team up with other demons, setting their egos aside to a better cause. This is probably due to the immense control and discipline it takes to contain and properly use their powers. Along with this greater power come greater perception and enhanced senses. At B class, demons (and humans) gain greater extra-sensory awareness with some instances bordering on clairvoyance. However, they are still instinctive and have a primitive lust for sadism and battle as seen with Younger Toguro, Karasu and Bui who have the ability to calm it to the point that they appear composed, or because of their intelligence, become extremely overconfident and prone to rage when they are bested as seen with Elder Toguro, Shishiwakamaru and Suzuka. The demons of this class have been shown to be almost identical to a human except with a few non-human features, like oddly colored hair, a few horns and large size. One B-class, Itsuki is so intelligent, that he has developed human like emotions like a sense of humor, a twisted desire of something pure becoming depraved, and love, it is implied that he might have been in the midpoint of becoming an A-class. Humans who reached this level also keep their emotions in check, and are capable of complex strategies. B class demons are capable of wiping out large countries and only the most powerful of weapons could be used to destroy them.
Younger Toguro - Deceased (possibly low A class due to his inability to cross the Keikai barrier)
Itsuki - Alive
Humans that have power level equivalencies with this class
Kuroko Sanada - Alive
Sadao Makihara - Deceased
Genkai (in her prime)- Alive
Kaname Hagiri - Alive
The Quest-class (支配能力 [クエスト･クラス], ShihaiNōryoku [Kuesuto-Kurasu], translated as Rule Ability) is a special breed of demon with the ability to create something from nothing; literally materializing objects from thin air. These objects are usually some kind of weapon. The only confirmed member of this Karasu, although Hokushin and Kurama have demonstrated a similar ability to a small degree. It is implied that at least the demon has to be a B-class to master the technique, making it a subcategory of the B-class.
Hokushin - Implied, but Unconfirmed
- Karasu, a member of Team Toguro is the only officially known member of the Quest-class demons; his power revolved around the ability to create different types of bombs.
- Hokushin, an S-class demonstrates a similar ability to manifest knives and parlor tricks from his sleeves to the Quest class.
- Kurama, manipulates his energy into seeds of plants, Karasu mentioned that this is similar to quest-class abilities but is different as Kurama manipulates his energy into already existing things. Bui may also be an example, with his axe, but it is not the main attack he has. It is presumbably created from his Battle Aura.
- B Class demons have displayed various means to suppress their power, weights, armor, percentages, special devices and even disguises. They also are very reserved in their methods of fighting; ironically, A Class although much more intelligent, have no hesitation to use their full power on an opponent.
- Unlike the C class to B class, training is usually insufficient for moving up B class to A Class. An intense emotional experience is what triggered most known characters.